We will have an early dismissal on Friday, September 16th prior to the Homecoming Parade.
- HHS at 11:30
- 11:36 at Middle Schools
- 11:47 at Elementary Schools
Parade Route Information
WHEN: Friday, September 16th, 1:30 PM
ROUTE LENGTH: Approximately 2.25 miles
FLOAT PARTICIPANTS WHO HAD PLANNED ON WALKING OR HAVE CHILDREN SHOULD CONSIDER THE LENGTH OF THE ROUTE.
All Floats and Parade Entries will line up in the High School parking lot between 12:00-1:00 PM.
WILLOW MAY BE CLOSED AFTER THAT TIME.
SEE THE MAP FOR ROAD CLOSURES AND ALTERNATE ROUTES.
Are you passing out candy?
FOR THE SAFETY OF CHILDREN - All individuals passing out candy MUST WALK ALONGSIDE THE FLOAT TO KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM VEHICLES AND FLOATS.
Parking, Carpooling & Float Riders
- Please, no parking along the parade route during the parade.
- FLOAT RIDERS (Children) ARE ENCOURAGED TO GATHER at FREEDOM, LIBERTY or SOUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL and CARPOOL to the HIGH SCHOOL.
- Enter HHS through south (Willow St.) entrance and use the main entrance loop to drop-off for float-riders (NO PARKING).
Parking options are:
- Freedom, Liberty or South Middle School (organize your carpool there)
- Parking Lots on the North and West side of Building
- Along the dirt road behind Leap High/Tennis Courts (road to water tower)
Lining Up Floats
Enter through the SOUTH ENTRANCE on WILLOW STREET of the high school (MINNESOTA/TIGER WAY CLOSED). There is no specific order of floats, we will line up as you arrive.
Contact JoAnne.VerMulm@k12.sd.us or call at 605-743-2567, Extension 6143.